[opendtv] Re: Upton Predicts Converter Subsidy Is Sufficient

  • From: Frank Eory <frank.eory@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:46:20 -0700

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

For the record, my guesstimate on the number of subsidized set-top DTV converters that will be purchased under the NTIA program will be in the range of 7-12 million. I think the public is looking forward to being rid of big bulky CRT displays and that they will invest in flat panels rather than upgrading their existing TVs.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6428657.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2228

<http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6428657.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2228>

Upton Predicts Converter Subsidy Is Sufficient
By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 3/28/2007 10:45:00 AM

Wow, 7-12 million -- you really think the number is going to be that large? Why do you think so?