[opendtv] Re: UTC numerator

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:04:20 -0700

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  ISO 8601 provides for 20070709T091029 for
your compressed value below: one character more, and that "T" makes is easy
for a human to parse the figure (there are many more formats in 8601).  You
didn't provide seconds, nor a way to deal with fractions of a second; 8601
does.

And, your computer today most likely supports that somewhere or another.

Now, if we only had a decimal-based (divisible only by 10)  number of
seconds in a minute, minutes in an hour, hours in a day, days in a month and
month in a year, we'd have something.

John Willkie

  _____