[opendtv] Re: USB2 HDTV stick

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:00:14 -0500

That 'lame bitswitch' is just a red herring.  You don't give the content
  conspiracy enough credit, since it is the robustness rules and
mandated approval process that were the real goal here.  It is not an
accident that PCHD gear is disappearing off the market, that was a major
goal.

I don't know whether standalone STB's were also a victim but strongly
suspect so.

Let's have this conversation again in August, after it kicks in.

- Tom