[opendtv] Re: U.S. unveils DTV converter box plan

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:59:31 -0400

The info is available at

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/otiahome/dtv/DTVmanufacturers.pdf

Consumers who have cable or satellite can buy converters using coupons
until the first Billion runs out then for the extra .5 Billion they
have to self certify that they are OTA only.

Bob Miller

On 3/12/07, John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You must have read incorrectly.  The NAB issued a press release that
essentially thanked the NTIA for not excluding cable and satellite
subscribers from being eligible.

Somehow, based upon track record, I think that the NAB read the document
correctly and you did not.