[opendtv] US Analog Shutoff Screen Saver Now Is Really Available

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:01:56 -0800

My previous iteration didn't seem to download properly, so I had to
refashion it.

The application does nothing beyond giving the days, hours, minutes and
seconds until the analog shutdown in your current time zone.  There is no
error checking, so you need to have the time zone on the computer set for
your current locale.

This should run on all Windows computers going back to Windows 98 Second
Edition.  You can download the file and install it directly, or save it to
disk.  I haven't been able to find out how to install the screen saver in
the screen saver menu, but it you will find it under EtherGuide Systems ->
Analog Turn Off Date Countdown Timer Screen Saver.

To cancel the display, simply hit the "escape" key.  I disconnected the
ability to close the application via a mouse move - it was just too easy to
trigger it.

The previous link posted here won't work now.

The new link:
http://www.EtherGuideSystems.com/Downloads/AnalogTurnOffScreenSaver/Default.
aspx

John Willkie

Easy-to-use and reliable PSIP/PSI generation and validation systems
http://www.EtherGuideSystems.com

Skype: jmwillkie