[opendtv] Re: UHF reception

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:57:44 -0800

John W. wrote:

> And, it's plainly ridiculous to assert that the NAB intended,
> through the transition, to destroy television broadcasting.
> They clearly represent the views and intentions of television
> broadcasters.

My use of the term "complicit" regarding NABs role was clearly inaccurate.
They were/are simply the pawn of Media Company owned Broadcast Networks
plans to control both sides of this board.

The NAB seldom represents the general good of the common broadcaster except
when it is to benefit one or more networks. Call it "trickle down"
representation.

Also, IMO, the transfer by a broadcast networks prime entertainment and
sports programming to subscription networks does devalue that networks O&Os.
Perhaps this is simply part of a longer-range plan to transfer that value to
an even more profitable branch of their company.

Dale (Call me clueless..)