[opendtv] Re: UHF reception

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 19:13:20 -0800

I agree with you but there are agendas within agendas.

You may recall that a number of years ago, on this forum, I suggested that
the major broadcast networks were preparing for the demise of OTA
broadcasting* and were actively participating in it’s decimation through
major ownership investments in cable networks and related programmers (a
self fulfilling prophesy). The more recent movement of premium programming
from broadcasting to cable is a final nail in that coffin. This deed was not
accomplished in a vacuum; the government and perhaps even the NAB and MSTV
were complicit in these manipulations (how’s that for a conspiracy theory?)!

* = At that time Craig was the major detractor of my analysis; what a
difference a day makes!