[opendtv] Re: UHF reception

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:01:29 -0800

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Bob Miller <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That is all we were trying to do. Buy spectrum, as much as possible,
> put a piece of it to work and show its potential and drive the price
> of the spectrum to its real value. Part of that has happened already
> with Qualcomm and AT&T's plans possibly. Broadcasters were paying no
> attention to OTA spectrum. We were not on any kind of a crusade to
> save broadcasters. We were trying to make money.

You are a funny guy.

Remember when I contacted you in 2000 when I was with NDS working on
an alerting system that had already been demo'd in DC and deployed in
Kentucky w/ the nod from NOAA? And you gave me the cold shoulder,
saying that you were already 'involved' in that area?

Was it with the same vaporware as the rest of your arguments on this
list? I know it couldn't have been an actual software solution; as
none of the clowns (putting it kindly) in the 'alerting product space'
or 'alternative codec space' (except for a few) I have had the
displeasure of dealing with had the clue to actually create actual
product, instead of trying to BS their way through gatherings in DC
and/or backstab other vendors.

Seems to me that if your plan was to 'show value' then you should have
rallied product vendors to aid your cause. But from your own comments
it would seem you were too busy trying to keep all the 'cake'. Maybe
you should have learned from history (every vendor that has tried this
in the data space on OTA has gone bankrupt). And now you continue to
complain and lament your situation on this list.

In short - I'm with Willkie on this.

Cheers
Kon