[opendtv] Re: UHF reception

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 22:45:52 -0500

We had at least four meetings with McCain's staff and a hundred phone
calls. I don't know if they ever understood what we were saying but we
showed our mobile video in at least two of those meetings. The one
thing they seemed interested in was the early responders need of
spectrum ASAP. They even called me a couple of times for information
on that and soon I was using the issue to start conversations with his
office. Later McCain started talking about the needs of early
responders and we think I may have had something to do with it. Never
picked up on the modulation issue though.

Have mixed emotions about Senator Stevens leaving the Senate. Always
good to see the average IQ of the Senate take a quantum leap up which
has to be true whoever replaced him but if it had not been for Stevens
bill that forced Auctions 44 and 49 of channels 54, 55 and 59 life
would not be so interesting.

Bob Miller