[opendtv] Re: Two (hopefully tough) trivia questions

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 13:10:16 -0800

Could be; I only know that the delta is about 4 seconds per day.

It's been long enough. 967,887,927 nanoseconds is the repetition rate of an
ATSC 8-VSB :"frame" (probably best to call it a data frame, to make the
distinction between video frames clear) and is ALSO the rate for an ATSC M/H
frame.  Oops, I probably shouldn't have said the latter.

It's rounded to 968 ms.

John Willkie

  _____