[opendtv] Re: Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo) 2004April20

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:53:42 -0400

If there were services to sell and paying customers to buy them I
don't see how 5% would be enough to stop it.  It actually seems an
alternative to spectrum auctions for at least some purposes since the
government would be collecting it.

And it would at least be something useful that didn't rely on
must-carry, yet accelerated the date when 85% of whoever could receive
DTV.

So I rather like the 5% tithe.

- Tom