[opendtv] Re: Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo) 2004April20

  • From: "John Willkie" <jmwillkie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:33:23 -0700

A correct assumption, as to personal experience, but ...

Is episodic television, with commercials, the best choice for this function
(short attention spans) or is a long-form DVD or tape a better "pacifier?"

A decade ago, a friend of mine with children showed me how his life had
changed to the negative a bit because the VCR in the back of his van (I had
never seen one; this one came with the package) had jammed up on a Helen
Hunt-in-leather tape, and his kids were uncontrollable without the thing
playing to them.

The son of one of my brothers is autistic.  His family uses a tv/vcr plugged
into the car when they trek from NE Nevada to San Diego.  Two days each way,
and they did it twice last year while my father was ailing.

Also, I'd say that's it's an extreme stretch to use HM and suffer a loss of
main stream bits to serve this market.

Still looking for the market and business and consumer models ...

From: "John Willkie" <jmwillkie@xxxxxxx>