[opendtv] Re: Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:16:33 -0400

 > The fact is that you need a new copyright, also, if you add content.

I think we could safely assume that if they went to the trouble to
create multi-object content for the purpose of overlaying variable
product placement they would also (at least by the second try) manage
to get their legal ducks in a row in the IP issues.  ;-)

The technology and infrastructure isn't really in place but I still
expect it will be a booming industry, if only to nullify Tivo's.  I
wouldn't be at all surprised to see gaps left for advertising audio
inserts also.

"Frankly, my dear, I'll go have a Coke"  (to Scarlet O'Hara)

- Tom