[opendtv] Re: Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:35:52 -0400

The probability of duplicates using random numbers goes up rapidly
with large numbers of cards, just as the amusingly high probability
that in any class room 2 people will have the same birthday.

But it is probably much higher still if you are using a bunch of cards
from the same manufacturer that didn't bother to make them unique. ;)

- Tom