[opendtv] Re: Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 16:46:24 -0400

At 12:50 PM -0700 5/4/04, John Willkie wrote:
>So, you might be correct, but only in the future?

I might be correct now. If we are dealing with intranets, then
duplication of MAC addresses in different networks may not be a big
deal. But if we are talking about cable and DSL modems, how does an
Internet router know which MAC to send packets to if there are
multiple devices using the same MAC address?

Or is the the issue that John G was troubled by?