[opendtv] Re: Truthiness 2

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:29:07 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

I greatly respect and admire Merrill and his accomplishments. He's also called
the "father of directed channel change" another technology that broadcasters
are more interested in than CE folk.

Alas, with my limited experience on an ATSC committee and a few SMPTE groups, I
have to agree with Al's observation about most broadcasters; I see more input
from local broadcasters than networks, and only one network at that.