[opendtv] Re: Trial FOTA HDTV in France

  • From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:02:09 -0400

Mark Schubin wrote:

>The influence is Hollywood, not ATSC.

Okay, then "ATSC via Hollywood." It was the ATSC, or actually the Grand
Alliance perhaps, that defined those HD formats, I believe. And now
Hollywood produces shows that use them, right?

>  I strongly suspect 60 means 59.94.

Although 59.94 is no longer mandatory with ATSC, as stated in A/53 and A/54.
In fact, 30 and 60 are what I'd expect everything to migrate to, after
analog shutoff? No?