[opendtv] Transport multiplexor for advanced codecs

  • From: Gary Hughes <ghughesml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:12:00 -0500

Does anyone know of any MPEG transport multiplexor software
that will handle advanced codecs, i.e. H.264 and VC1 streams?
I am trying to build some test streams, both single and multi
program. No requirement for real-time muxing.

I've found an H.264 encoder (MainConcept) that will generate
SPTS and a muxer (Elecard) that is able to build SPTS with
H.264 video. No luck with MPTS though and I am dubious
of the rate control in both of these (I suspect they are the same
code base).

I haven't found anything that will build a transport stream from
VC1 or WMV9. My notes from Microsoft presentations at the last NAB
suggest that there was an MPEG-2 utilties package for VC1 in beta
and a VC1 porting kit available. I haven't been able to find either
of these.

There must be something out there?

TIA,

gary