[opendtv] Re: Transition Begins?

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 00:46:34 -0400

NYC where I have watched as a friend discovered and took advantage of
three "frequencies" that had been combed over for years by many others
who found nothing. He now has those three frequencies that cover most of
the city as LPTV stations.

You may be right and there are no possibilities in Santa Barbara. I am
sure they looked but I wouldn't be surprised if there is something there.

Also this station didn't make any decision in the early 1990's, they
didn't exist then. They were granted a construction permit for channel
55 on March 17th 2005. That is more than a year after Qualcomm won that
channel at auction and they have been quite vocal that they intended to
do something with it as soon as possible.

If they could not find something in the core to move to why bother with
55 at all? Or second best find something unowned above the core. That
way they might have a few years.

One other question. You say with a few frequency searches you eliminated
any possible station they could have moved to. But 55 must have been
available since they did find that one.

And my friend who discovered those LPTV stations in NYC didn't do it
with a few frequency searches. It took him years of looking and fiddling
as far as I could see.

Bob Miller