[opendtv] Re: Toward digital TV

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:48:45 -0500

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

> <>Another is that this doesn't contradict the simple fact
> that professional outdoor antenna installations are the
> norm in Europe, for those wanting to receive all OTA
> stations in their market.

You have said that often, and there are certainly antenna installers
around, but the first two DTT installations I saw in the UK used set-top
antennas, and our closest friends in London currently watch analog TV
with a set-top antenna.  Our cousins in Edinburgh watch DTT with a
set-top antenna, and every TV store I've visited in the UK has
prominently shown indoor antennas.  The Silver Sensor comes from the UK;
why would it exist if people there wouldn't use it?

TTFN,
Mark