[opendtv] Tom Barry

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:05:54 -0400

I have received some very upsetting news about fellow OpenDTVer Tom Barry. He has given me permission to pass along the following to you.

As they did in my email to Tom, words fail me.

John Shutt

I don't remember now if I have announced anything but I have a fast
moving inoperable brain cancer and will likely not survive the next
month or so.  I have been mostly lurking for obvious reasons since I am
not really capable of the sort of judgment needed to participate here
these days.

But I still enjoy lurking and it has been a pleasure knowing all of you.

Thanks, guys.

- Tom