[opendtv] Tivo Project 101: How to Enable web based viewing and remote control over your Tivo.

  • From: Monty Solomon <monty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipient: ;
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 23:44:09 -0400

Tivo Project 101
How to Enable web based viewing and remote control over your Tivo.
September 1st, 2004, 10:00 AM ET
by Ben Spink

After reading up on a post on Slashdot about turning your iPod into a
Universal remote control I thought it would be cool if I could
control my Tivo from the web. How did I jump to that idea? Well, the
iPod hack recorded the IR signals from a remote (such as a Tivo
remote) as sound files. You then played them back and the Griffin
device converted the audio signal to IR signals. I had already
experimented with Quicktime Streaming server and knew how to
broadcast a video source on the web. So now with the ability to
simulate my remote, I could both watch and control the Tivo.

http://geocities.com/spinkb/