[opendtv] Re: Time may have come for ordering channels a la carte Congress, consumers push for paying only for what you want

  • From: "John Willkie" <jmwillkie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 21:55:00 -0700

Bob;

Blind yourself, you are being led by the blind.  Those of us in the real
world found out last Thursday (the day after a Wash Post spin piece said
otherwise) McCain (the prime mover and subcommitte chair) tabled Al a carte
pricing, at least for this session.

I'm sorry you missed it.  On Saturday, a couple of cable companies made
polite noises that they would look into it; but I know that really means
that they want to give a sop to the losing parties.

I'm all in favor of al a carte pricing, but it will only increase cable
losses, and it makes too much sense to actually happen.