[opendtv] Re: Thomson readies solutions for U.S. Digital TV broadcast transition

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:19:25 -0700 (PDT)

I just posted pictures and description of the Samsung/Rohde-Schward Demo I saw
at NAB2006:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7647247&#post7647247
Claudia Kienzl at TV Technology was very skeptical re E-VSB finding a viable
marketing strategy:
http://www.tvtechnology.com/features/news/2006.04.24-n_E_VSB_in_search.shtml
Esp given competition from DVB-H, COFDM et.al. for the mobile/handheld
market...  [Insert Bob Miller's usual rant here...]

Other than announcements that there was an "A-VSB" demo at the DTV Hotspot, I
haven't been able to Google ANYTHING on this ANYWHERE....
Vaporware going Nowhere?????

holl_ands