[opendtv] This week on the Road Show - A Taste of NAB 2007

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Open DTV list <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 11:59:57 -0700

Hi all:

This week the Taste of NAB 2007 Road Show continues its trek in the south-western par to of the western US and begins is move east. This week we'll only be doing two presentations, our ninth and tenth of fifty-five that are scheduled. We found that it doesn't make sense to try to do a presentation on the Friday before a three day weekend when everyone is interested in other things, besides it gave us an extra day to visit with family in Southern California :-) .

On Tuesday, May 22nd, we'll be in San Diego, CA (SBE Chapter 36) at TV Magic for a noon presentation. For details, please visit: http://www.Tech-Notes/2007/09-SanDiego.htm <http://www.tech-notes/2007/09-SanDiego.htm>.

On Thursday, May 24th, we'll be in Yuma, AZ (SBE Chapter 138) at the Yuma Civic Center for a noon meeting. This is our first time to do a presentation for this chapter and the broadcast engineers in the Yuma area. For details, please visit:
www.Tech-Notes/2007/10-Yuma.htm <http://www.tech-notes/2007/10-Yuma.htm>.

Each of the programs mentioned above will be the program for their respective Society of Broadcast Engineers Chapters. All Taste of NAB Road Show events, as well as SBE meetings, are open to any one with an interest in broadcasting, cable and related arts, and there is no charge to attend. Those who attend will be treated to not only some of the latest technology, but also to lunch and may possibly leave having won a door prize. For a complete list of locations where the Taste of NAB 2007 Road show has gone (with pictures and door prize winners) and will be going, visit our Itinerary at: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/2007-Itinerary.htm. We hope to see you somewhere along the way. To see a map of this year's adventure look at:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/Maps/Venue%20Map%202007.JPG

*/_An additional note_/*: We'll be spending this coming Memorial holiday weekend in the Phoenix, AZ area. When we're not doing presentations, we're kind of like on a busman's holiday; we like to visit broadcast and post facilities. This is all part our assistant, Jonathan Hasse's continuing education. Jonathan is a recent graduate of the University of Oregon's school of journalism in electronic media. This is an excellent opportunity for him to see all those things that were in the books and how things "really" work in the "real" world. The old coot who is with him kind of likes to see these things too :-) . If anyone wishes to contact us, please feel free to do so.

--
Larry Bloomfield - KA6UTC
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439