[opendtv] This coming week

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Open DTV list <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:50:30 -0500

Hi all:

Week twenty of the Taste of NAB Road Show takes us into the Great Lakes area in and around the shores of Lake Michigan:

  1. We start the week and end the month of September with an evening
     meeting in the "windy city," Chicago, on *_Monday, September
     29th_* hosted by SBE Chapter 26
     (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/66-Chicago.htm
     <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/66-Chicago.htm>).
  2. We then begin October with an evening meeting in Rockford, IL on
     *_Wednesday, October _**_1st _*hosted by SBE Chapters 96
     (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/67-Rockford.htm
     <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/67-Rockford.htm>).
  3. *_Thursday, October 2nd_* finds us in Milwaukee, WI at an evening
     meeting hosted by SBE Chapter 28
     (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/68-Milwaukee.htm
     <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/68-Milwaukee.htm>)
  4. We then finish off the week on the Oshkosh campus of UW with a
     noon meeting on *_Friday, October 3rd_*, and hosted by SBE Chapter
     80 and SBE Student Chapter 80.1
     (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/69-Fox_Valley.htm
     <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/69-Fox_Valley.htm>).

The links will take you to a page that will provide you with time, location and a map.

With school back in session; perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to invite the teachers and students from high schools, junior colleges, colleges and trade schools in your area to attend our upcoming presentation. It would give them exposure to some of the latest technology in our industry and an opportunity to be exposed to the wonderful world of broadcasting and the fine folks who work in it. They'd also be exposed to the internships on line program that SBE is now fostering. You'll see some of the latest technology our industry has to offer, get fed and possibly leave having won one of the door prizes.

Our presentations this year are very different than in the past and we're adding more technologies as we travel. For our other presentations, please visit: www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm> . Please note that this is an educational event: NOT a sales presentation. Admission is FREE to all and you don't have to be a member of SBE or anything else to attend. Please plan on no less than three hours for food, the presentation and door prizes. Just think: if you'd gone to NAB, you'd have lost at least a day going and one returning, not to mention the time you'd spend while there. Hope to see many of you at one or more of these meetings. .

*Besides being educational, we want these events to be a fun too with as much local participation as possible. If you have or know someone who has a collection or hobby that relates to broadcasting (tube collections, old gear - radio and/or TV, etc.) and would want to put it on display at any of our presentations, please have them contact us at RoadShow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:RoadShow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.*

Here's hoping we'll see you at one of our presentations between now and when we finish on October 30th in Seattle, WA.

--

* Larry Bloomfield* - /KA6UTC/
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439