[opendtv] Re: The ultimate last mile solution is a gas

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 10:49:37 -0400

On the other side I have lived in the same place for 28 years and have
never had a problem with the gas company. No house burned down and no
pipe cracked, not outages or any other kind of problem. How prevalent
are problems and how does this compare to fiber, wireless cable or copper?

One item I thought was interesting, in Japan they pay $25 a month for 26
Mbps while in the US it is more like $35 per month for 1.5 Mbps. It it
takes gas to get past the other monopolies and get true broadband I'm
for it.

Bob Miller