[opendtv] Re: The ultimate last mile solution is a gas

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 00:24:52 -0700

So they are using natural gas conduits as 'poor man's' shielding for UWB
transmission, with a 6 mile maximum radius.

Whoops we cracked that pipe, no more data. Whoops we had to cap the gas
supply cause someone's house burned down, no broadband for your block
this week. Maybe someone will patent 'atmospheric UWB' (or is that prior
art?) next...

http://www.nethercomm.com/headline3.htm has some good yarns.

Cheers
Kon