[opendtv] Re: The right tool for the right job

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:53:13 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

>This unit must be several years old, as Apple has been shipping 12
>inch Powerbooks with PCMCIA slots for several years.

If they are, they're still not saying so on their web site.  I went
there just now.  As I've seen in stores, the 15-inch and 17-inch have
PCMCIA slots.  The 12-inch does not:

> One PC Card/CardBus slot supporting one Type I or Type II card
> (15-inch and 17-inch models)

> http://www.apple.com/powerbook/specs.html

The people who were trying to pick up the Wi-Fi were using titanium
Powerbooms and plastic iBooks.  My Sony's Wi-Fi is internal.

TTFN,
Mark