[opendtv] Re: The "real" problem with OFDM in the U.S.

  • From: Cliff Benham <cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:00:54 -0500

You can "phase" two antennas so their signals "add". You also make this
"array" more directional by doing this.
They have to be solidly mounted so they can't be moved to maintain good
quality reception.
I have also been able to use such an arrangement of two antennas
pointing in different directions to "null out"
a signal on the same channel to lower co-channel interference. That is a
much trickier proposition. The phasing
is much more critical as is setting the right amount of signal level
from the second antenna, and also harder to maintian.