[opendtv] Re: The graying of the TV Networks...

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:42:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I think you are helping Craig in his point, Dan.  They are making more "classic rock" fans, and PBS uses them by running the content at fund-raising time.  The demographic changes have been predicted for about 30 years that I can recall with the baby boom and baby boomlet.

However, this trend actually helps 60 minutes versus dateline, since older folks tend to favor news over trendy newslite.  I do, however (being over 50) tend to like "To Catch a Predator."

The trend is REALLY hurting newspapers, since virtually nobody under 50 reads newspapers.  Folks under 50 do watch television, just not as much as the old codgers.