[opendtv] Re: The Weather and do these people have NO shame?

  • From: Mitch Cardwell <mitchrc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:23:45 -0700

Why should those that never fly pay for weather data for the safety of
those that do? If the airlines want to be in the airline business
they'll have to offer a safe product and they would pony up the money
for the weather data they need. Their prices would rise, but then only
the users of the service pay for it.

I can see the point of the public service value, but I do think that
corporations that use the data should pay for it. If the government
charged corporate users that would probably pay for the service and we
would truly have free weather data.

Mitch