[opendtv] Re: The Weather and do these people have NO shame?

  • From: Mitch Cardwell <mitchrc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:39:34 -0700

I think this is foolish and Santorum is a tool, but I couldn't help but
notice your remark: "free weather information is a necessity for many."
If it's a necessity then it has value, they ought to pay for it and
they are, through their taxes. The problem is, so am I and I have
absolutely zero need for it. We paid for the infrastructure, but the
Feds could sell that off to a private entity to reimburse us for that
and then only those who need weather data would have to pay for it.

Why should my tax dollars be funding free weather data for the
airlines, tv stations and the Weather Channel?

Mitch