[opendtv] The Taste of NAB Road Show for this next week

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:54:08 -0600

Hi all:

As we enter the Labor Day weekend, I'd like to invite you to join the over 1172 who've already attended the Taste of NAB Road Show this year so far at one of the three presentations we'll be doing in Washington state this next week.

We'll begin the week (after the holiday) on Tuesday, September 4^th at the Washington State University's visitor's Center in Pullman, WA. We will be the program for SBE Chapter 117 at an 11:30AM meeting. Check out the details at: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/50-Moscow.htm. Tech-Notes will provide lunch.

The following day, Wednesday, September 5^th , we'll be in Spokane, WA at PBS member station KSPS-TV in support of SBE Chapter 21. This will be a noon meeting and for those details, visit: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/51-Spokane.htm. Broadcast Electronics, the transmitter folks, will provide lunch.

After a travel day on Thursday, we'll wind up the week in Seattle, WA where SBE chapter 16 has us scheduled to do our presentation in the Graham Visitors Center of Washington Park Arboretum with things getting started at noon. For those details and a map, see: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/52-Seattle.htm. Broadcast Electronics, the transmitter folks, will provide lunch.

In case you're curious, we've gotten over 125 very fine unedited reviews to date, including one form John Battison, founder the of the Society of Broadcast Engineers (his is #115). To see them, go to: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/2007_Comments.pdf.

Each of the presentations mentioned above will be the program for their respective Society of Broadcast Engineers Chapters. All Taste of NAB Road Show events, as well as SBE and SMPTE meetings, are open to any one with an interest in broadcasting, cable and/or related arts; there is no charge to attend. All Tech-Notes Taste of NAB 2007 Road Show presentations are usually part of an official SBE meeting that will count toward certified SBE members' recertification. Those who attend will also be treated to not only some of the latest technology, but also to a repast and many may possibly leave having won a door prize of value. If you'd like a one page poster for any one of the remaining presentations, please contact us

For a complete list of locations where the Taste of NAB 2007 Road show has gone (with pictures and door prize winners) and will be going, visit our Itinerary at: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2007/2007-Itinerary.htm. We hope to see you either one of these three presentations or at one of our last two in Oregon the following week before we call it "quits" for this year.

--

Larry Bloomfield - KA6UTC
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439