[opendtv] Re: The Mystique of Channel 6

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:58:53 -0500

I won't know about digital reception from their main CH 6 antenna until June. Sounds iffy to me.

Meantime, I'm glad they are aware of the large number of drivers who listen
to CH 6 audio on their car radios and are trying to find a way to continue that.

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Am I reading this right? That WPVI claims they'll only need 1.7 KW ERP
when they go back to Channel 6?

Good luck, Cliff.

There is a graph in the article, that shows mostly coverage gain after
moving back to VHF. Not sure if that's at 1.7 KW or at 8 KW, though.