[opendtv] The Labor Day weekend and next week's Taste if NAB presentations.

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Open DTV list <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:57:02 -0400

Hi all:

First my best wishes for a safe and sane Labor Day weekend are expressed on the Tech-Notes website: www.tech-notes.tv <http://www.tech-notes.tv>. Take a look.

Week sixteen of the Taste of NAB Road Show concentrates our efforts in Michigan and Indiana with four presentations:

  1. After a hopefully great Labor Day weekend, we start the week and
     month of September with a noon meeting on *_Tuesday, September
     _**_2nd _*in Detroit, MI, hosted by SBE Chapter 82
     (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/50-Detroit.htm
     <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/50-Detroit.htm> ).
  2. Then it's off to the Lansing area of Michigan for an evening
     meeting on *_Wednesday, September 3rd_* hosted by SBE Chapter 91
     (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/51-Central_MI.htm
     <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/51-Central_MI.htm>).
  3. Dipping down into Indiana, we'll do another evening meeting in
     South Bend on *_Thursday, September 4th_* hosted by SBE Chapter 30
     (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/52-South_Bend,%20IN.htm
     <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/52-South_Bend,%20IN.htm>).
  4. We then finish off the week in Grand Rapids, MI for a noon meeting
     hosted by SBE Chapter 120
     (www.tech-notes.tv/2008/53-Grand_Rapids.htm
     <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/53-Grand_Rapids.htm>).

The links will take you to a page that will provide you with time, location and a map.

You'll see some of the latest technology our industry has to offer, get fed and possibly leave having won one of the door prizes. Our presentations this year are very different than in the past and we're adding more technologies as we travel. For our other presentations, please visit: www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm <http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm> . Please note that this is an educational event: NOT a sales presentation. Admission is FREE to all and you don't have to be a member of SBE or anything else to attend. Please plan on no less than three hours for food, the presentation and door prizes. Just think: if you'd gone to NAB, you'd have lost at least a day going and one returning, not to mention the time you'd spend while there. Hope to see many of you at one or more of these meetings. .

*Besides being educational, we want these events to be a fun too with as much local participation as possible. If you have or know someone who has a collection or hobby that relates to broadcasting (tube collections, old gear - radio and/or TV, etc.) and would want to put it on display at any of our presentations, please have them contact us at RoadShow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:RoadShow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.*

Here's hoping we'll see you at one of our presentations between now and when we finish on October 30th in Seattle, WA.

--

* Larry Bloomfield* - /KA6UTC/
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439