[opendtv] Re: Tech Advisors Tell FCC to Launch Local Broadband Deployment Competition

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:21:36 -0400

The problem in this country is a lack of broadband service to rural areas.

Picocells and femtocells are best suited to urban and to a lesser degree suburban areas. Those locations already have several choices in broadband internet access.

What exactly is going on at the FCC?

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

I thought they had saved the best for last. That's when they mention design and deployment of femtocells and picocells. I think the TV Technology article may have missed that in that recommendation, they were proposing common small cell access points that would support the frequency bands of multiple cellcos. So the various service providers could share the same tower.