[opendtv] Re: TV stats for Italy

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:06:02 -0800

> With NTSC we didn't have mobile and only barely portable.

More of your continuing load of crap.  With NTSC we have mobile and we have
portable.  Just, not the former while you're connected to cable.

Bob, are you an idiot, or do you just spew?  That sounds harsh, but I've
tried portable and mobile NTSC, via cable and via over the air.

They work.  Okay, sure, you can't get good video while driving on I-8 in the
Mission Valley area of San Diego, but you can barely get FM there, due to
the fact that it's a valley.  The two VHFs are there, but the UHFs are
blocked by terrain.

But -- and this is key -- there isn't a hint of a cent of revenue in mobile
TV, hence the disinterest (with a few idiots bobbing up from time to time)
in developing it.

Why don't you tell us about the dozens of people around the world that watch
mobile tv in DVB countries?  Is it because they don't exist today, and if
they did exist, they'd become disinterested in out of home watching
opportunities in very short order?

I've said it before, and I say it again.  Mobile TV will never attain more
than 2% over a week of the people watching TV, and only that in temperate
climates.  The question -- for broadcasters -- is how many bits to devote to
it.