[opendtv] Re: TV over the Internet? Is it possible today?

  • From: Philip Hodgetts <philip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:56:04 -0800

>James Watt wrote:
>
>>  What I would like to do is to get the content from
>>  the internet and using (some protocol/standard) display
>>  it on my computer.

Coming in a day late here but...

popcast.com,  http://www.antnottv.org/ ,=20
http://freevo.sourceforge.net/about.html and=20
ttp://digitalbicycle.org  for glimses into=20
possible futures of non-broadcast delivery of=20
programming.

Of course there will be some content that needs=20
to be delivered in real time (news, sports) but=20
as long as the content is there when I want to=20
watch it, I see local storage with "trickle" feed=20
of my regular viewing needs as being preferable.

--

Philip Hodgetts         philip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
President and CEO    818 206 2415

Take the Tour