[opendtv] Re: Superbowl XL(1080)I

  • From: "Meehan, John" <JMeehan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 17:20:10 -0500

Uh, Oh! I've never seen that RC indicator on other streams....   I guess
I just broke the law by sending that Superbowl thumbnail over the Web,
huh?

I was just wondering if the null rate could be lowered at all.... (I've
seen other stations that are multicasting use rates in the neighborhood
of 1 Mbs for additional channels.)

It'd be nice to reduce the occurrence of null packets as much as
possible, no? (But I can't really say how many is "too many", though -
is there any sort of guideline?)

Too many nulls would mean that the quantizer / rate control settings
weren't optimal, right?

John Meehan

 JVC