[opendtv] Re: Superbowl XL(1080)I

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:27:17 -0600

John Golitsis wrote:
Letterman is in HD, but I've always found the quality a bit below that of Leno...it just doesn't seem as sharp to me. Lots of CBS's dramas look first-rate, including CSI. I believe they are using lots of digital acquisition.

It's sounds funny to hear of an area just now getting CBS in HD when I've been watching it up here in Canada since 2000!

The operative word is "Nexstar". I should add that somehow
they had connected HD and "full power" in one concept, not
willing to do one without the other. Well, when push came to shove
and the weather got so bad they still have not gotten their high
power antenna up, they broke down and admitted that, yes, they
are disconnected, and plugged the HD bitstream into their
low power setup. The high power transmitter is up and running
into a dummy load! Maybe ... this is just a guess ... they are taking
some power out of the high power transmitter and feeding it
into the low power antenna, since last Thursday they say they went from
1.0 kW ERP to 1.8 kW ERP. I can see this on my spectrum analyzer.
With the new antenna they will be 1 MW ERP.

Doug McDonald