[opendtv] Re: Study: 27% Of Online Video Views Experience Buffering | Cable Television News | Broadcast Syndication | Programming | Multichannel.com

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 01:56:24 +0000

In my case, the vast majority of any buffering problem, which is a minor
problem anyway, happens during commercials. I think in part this also depends
on the specific streaming source. It seems like some or even all of the content
for the next segment of the show is downloaded during the commercial break.
Which in some cases, ABC comes to mind, often results in lower resolution ads,
for a guarantee of no buffering interruptions during the show.

CBS is having some issues now, with its streams occasionally freezing up. This
started happening after they went to this thumbnail image idea.