[opendtv] Re: Study: 2008 Station Web Revenue to Be $1.2B

  • From: Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 11:39:05 -0400

On Jun 1, 2008, at 8:27 AM, Craig Birkmaier wrote:

IMHO

The ability to buy things in cyberspace is very useful wen you can plan a purchase or can't get something locally. The ability to overlay the web on your community or the location where you happen to be is even more useful. This is where e-commerce meets reality.

Case in point: I just found out yesterday about a service Ace Hardware provides, which I didn't know existed. I was looking for a specific product that very few local businesses keep in stock. Matter of fact, the one supplier I've used for 12 years ran out of the product with no known date for restocking. Searching the internet, I found Ace had this product in stock in their main warehouse and would ship the product free of charge to a local Ace for pickup. Otherwise, it would cost over a hundred bucks shipping to my home address. Not a difficult choice to make, but a nice surprise.

Barry Brown