[opendtv] Re: Steel pipes for gas!

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:18:30 -0500

The only source I can find for broadband over gas lines is Nethercomm.

http://www.nethercomm.com/

From their website, their UWB technology is said to work in either metallic or non-metallic gas lines, and the main advantage is the very low noise floor environment within the pipe. However, after looking at all of the stuff posted, it all looks more like an investment scheme than an actual product ready for deployment.

Just my opinion, but then I thought the same thing about broadband over power lines, and I was proven wrong there now that it has been rolled out nationwide. (Tongue firmly planted in cheek.)

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>

Also what is the issue with using a plastic pipe as to transmission?
Would the signal leak from such a pipe buried underground or would it
stay in the pipe? John suggest that it would have to have metal in the
plastic.