[opendtv] Re: Steel pipes for gas!

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:51:08 -0500

Thanks, I had been looking there for this but missed it.

Had talked to them awhile ago and just took for granted it worked in all pipe.

Bob Miller

On 10/31/06, John Shutt <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Click on "technology" from the main page.

"Nethercomm technology enabled networks (whether metallic and/or
non-metallic gas lines) characteristically exhibit very low noise floors,
and are generally devoid of outside signal interference.  This low noise
within the gas line network is a significant advantage to our ability to
maximize our communication bandwidth.  Moreover, UWB transmitted through a
gas line network has distinct advantages in transversing the physical
complexities of the gas line.   Within Nethercomm's network environment,
there are no issues with inter-symbol interference or multi-user
interference."

Click on "More BiG Technology" from the Technology page:

"One feature of Nethercomm's technology is that an ultra-wideband signal can
be transmitted simultaneously with a traditional natural gas utility
delivery, where the UWB signal can robustly carry video, voice, and other
transmission signals.  The ultra-wideband signal can be provided over
existing steal (sic) or plastic piping.  This overall capability of the
system to deliver value (i.e./ gas delivery and connectivity) without
requiring costly Last-Mile deployments and without interfering with licensed
and unlicensed spectrum enables a previously unobtainable level of
connectivity."

John