[opendtv] Re: State of the Art LCD 45" HDTV

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:56:57 -0400

You must have very good eyes.  I've usually figured that over 4 screen
heights viewing distance 720p was fine, reserving 1080i/p for less than
that.

But I've been wondering lately if I have to amend that a bit for fixed
pixel displays with well defined pixels and no implicit filtering from
CRT spot beam size.  The fixed pixel displays may well create some
artifacts that were not an issue back when the original viewing and
visibility tests were mostly performed.

- Tom