[opendtv] Re: Start-up glitches

  • From: "Peter Armstrong" <petera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 23:40:55 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Birkmaier" <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
> >Also, some people who thought they were done with the list saw it
reappear
> >in their inboxes.  Either way, it wasn't THEIR fault.

How about a positive story out of this change.

I've been a member of  this list (in lurk mode) for quite some time through
my business email account. About a year ago I was considering moving
"opendtv" to one of my home email accounts, but no matter how many times I
tried changing my email address at Topica I couldn't get it to happen. I
tried joining the list with my home email (as a new account) but as soon as
I entered my personal info, I got linked back to my original account with
Topica and my first email address. I even wrote to their customer support
and got no action. So I gave up and just kept receiving my emails at work.
With this change I've been able to get "opendtv" coming to my home!

I'm very happy that the move to "freelists" was made, (although I'm very
intrigued about how "Crazy Aaron's" putty can bounce and then shatter?).

Regards,
Peter Armstrong