[opendtv] Re: Spectrum Sales

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:19:49 -0700

Dan;

Well, Clinton signed the bill, but it was largely Ernest Hollings (then
D-SC) and the republicans in the senate that were behind this.  At the time,
Bush 41 was playing speed golf in Houston, and Bush 43 was an obscure Texas
governor.  However, there are several folks here who don't let facts get in
the way of a bad political whine.

However, there was the lowest amount of Federal debt in my lifetime at the
beginning of the Bush 43 administration.  Clinton's tax cuts helped there.
The spectrum sales were a part of that.

John Willkie

  _____