[opendtv] Re: Sony's Blu-ray 'leads US hi-def DVD sales'

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:39:04 -0400

I agree that the Blu-ray and HD DVD numbers are low, and I agree that ATSC receiver sales were low for years. But since the 100% tuner mandate kicked in two months ago, ATSC receiver sales are approaching 100% of TV sales in the U.S. (not to mention other TV-tuner-equipped devices). TVs are still selling well.

TTFN,
Mark

Craig Birkmaier wrote:
Funny that these articles do not mention that these anemic numbers mean both formats are far short of economically viable market acceptance. These numbers are right up there with ATSC receiver sales...