[opendtv] Re: Some VHF updates

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 22:09:44 -0400

No, I didn't receive the Baltimore stations before Nov, 1999, which is when I moved from one little township at one end of the DE/PA Arc to another little township at the other end of the DE/MD/PA Arc Corner, otherwise known as the "Armpit" of Pennsylvania, and by then they were all digital.
tp://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMMWA_USCTE_BM87_PA_MD_Corner_1849_Delaware_Maryland_Pennsylvania
[for those who might be interested in some surveying history...]

Richard C. Ramsden wrote:
Cliff,
 You got the Baltimore stations better when all there was was analog.

On 5/4/2010 7:53 PM, Cliff Benham wrote:

No difference for 6 in Philadelphia. CH-6 has an application for 30.2KW ERP, which is what they have now operate at with an STA, last I read in the press. That figure is inadequate. CH-12 has a application to increase from 13.3KW to 30 KW ERP. Don't know if they are operating at 30 with an STA or not. It's easier to receive 12 than 6 and this will continue to be the case if these re the final numbers.
LO VHF is useless for DTV!

I still receive the Baltimore stations more reliably than the Philly stations and always have. I'm 39 miles from Philly and 52 from Baltimore.

Cliff

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Well, this is much more like it. It's been awhile since I checked the FCC web site:

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/video/tvq.html